Smithers Purslow is looking to recruit a full-time Chartered Structural Engineer to join its growing team in the North East; ideally Newcastle based. This is a busy and varied role providing engineering design and consultancy services on a wide range of building structures’ projects, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
CHARTERED STRUCTURAL ENGINEER – NORTH EAST
Smithers Purslow, Consulting Engineers & Surveyors, is looking to recruit a full-time Chartered Structural Engineer to join its growing team in the North East; ideally Newcastle based.
This is a busy and varied role providing engineering design and consultancy services on a wide range of building structures’ projects, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
We have ambitious plans to expand over the next few years and are looking for people who share the same vision.
This position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to show their ambition, drive and passion for customer service, as well as delivering our values, a professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering accredited by both IStructE and ICE
- Chartership would be desirable
- Experienced Engineer with a wide range of post qualification experience
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent computer skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of current building standards and codes of practice
- Experience with listed buildings and construction projects
- Understanding of traditional and current building technologies
- Due to the necessity to visit sites, a UK driving licence is essential and own vehicle
Qualities and Skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
- Ability to work on own initiative but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people including clients, contractors and consultants
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Be a highly motivated individual with drive and energy to achieve our vision
- Be keen to develop their individual capability and career development
- Positive outlook and engaging personality
- Ability and commitment to go the extra mile
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Common sense thinker
- Professional appearance and ability to act as an ambassador for the organisation
The post is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
You will find more information in our Candidate Information Pack : Candidate Pack Chartered Structural Engineer North East 030419
If you are self-motivated, have a real enthusiasm to progress and are looking for your next challenge then please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your Curriculum Vitae.