We are expanding in the North East and are looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join our successful North East team. We are offering a long-term career move to join a successful company and help grow the business across Scotland and the North of England.
EXPERIENCED BUILDING SURVEYOR
– NORTH EAST
Due to continuing success, we are expanding in the North East and are looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join our growing team.
We are offering a long-term career move to join a successful company and help grow the business across Scotland and the North of England.
We are a company with an excellent reputation, holders of IIP Platinum and currently celebrating 40 years in business.
This will suit an ambitious individual with drive, a passion for customer service and who believes in our values. In return, we will offer you a rewarding career and a role in an exciting development for us for the future. You’ll be involved in a wide range of projects in insurance, construction and general buildings. You won’t be bored, as every day is different!
We have a culture built on respect and teamwork, building and fostering relationships, working hard but in a supportive, concerned, empathetic manner. You will need common sense, a sense of humour and we like to feel that everyone is involved, valued and appreciated.
You must be a proficient Building Surveyor with experience in the insurance and construction industries. You must have drive and energy, alongside a strong customer service ethos. Our values are key to our business and we would want to make sure that you believe in the same things.
The post is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week with a competitive salary and company pension scheme.
The information listed below will be used to select individuals in line with our recruitment policies and are our minimum requirements.
- Degree in Building Surveying or equivalent qualification
- Approaching chartered status with the RICS
- Experienced Building Surveyor with a wide range of post qualification experience mainly on major & complex buildings insurance claims
- Experience in project management of building schemes from inception to completion, specification writing and contract administration
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Good working knowledge of current building standards and codes of practice
Qualities and Skills
- Excellent leadership skills; motivating colleagues and customers
- Strong communicator and ability to build good relationships
- Team player
- Positive outlook and engaging personality
- Drive and energy to achieve our vision
- Ability and commitment to go the extra mile
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Common sense thinker
- Self-motivated, with a sense of fun
- Constantly striving for excellence
- Ability to juggle multiple demands and competing deadlines
- Professional appearance and ability to act as an ambassador for the organisation
You will find more information in our Candidate Information Pack Candidate Pack Building Surveyor North East 030419
If you are self-motivated, have a real enthusiasm to progress and are looking for your next challenge, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.